Jim’s Hut has also led a varied life. It housed Jim for many years when he worked at the farm, was used as a shed, and more recently has been renovated as holiday accommodation for visiting German friends. Following this stay the Hut journeyed down to its current home overlooking the Mangaotaki River.
- Quiet river outlook, convenient for trout fishing, walking and kayaking
- Four twin beds (two bunk beds)
- Wood burning stove with firewood provided in season
- Adjacent facilities with solar heated shower, composting toilet and kitchen.
- If conditions are damp or wet, best accessed by 4WD. Alternatively, a ride can be arranged.
Rates NZ$100 per night for one to four persons, including continental breakfast.
24 hour cancellation policy applies.